HAPPY MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE
MTFL Team Captains/Admins,
First and foremost, may everyone have a happy and safe Mother's Day weekend.
Next, four of the eight teams have now completed the KARELO component of their team registration (and of those four, I have attempted to setup their roster/game-sheet on the MTFL specific registration system too. To the later point, I am working with team captains --- as we speak -- to ensure I get everyone's jersey number correct too).
The MTFL Season begins in about three weeks (and the TFO "Brampton" tournament registration cut-off is in ten days).
So "captains" if you have not yet done so, please complete the KARELO payment and setup this week.
Stay well and the days are getting longer, sunnier and warmer so let's get ready for some touch football!
MTFL-2022 SCHEDULE POSTED
MTFL-2022 Team Captains/Members,
The schedule has been posted (on the website).
The Executive will be in touch this week to:
a) ensure you complete KARELO registration /payment
b) are ready to go!
Let's have a great season.
Finally, if you are interested in helping to run this league (this year or next) please contact the current executive team as soon as possible.
UPDATES FROM JOHN -- MASTER SCHEDULE COMING SOON.
An internal review of the schedule is underway -- so a "draft" of it will be circulated amongst you the captains shortly/this week.
There are some issues with my ongoing availability and wellness so in advance I continue to appreciate your tolerance/flexibility. In short, the idea is "some football is better than no football this spring" (especially as this may be the last year of operation of this league).
UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE -- DRAFT SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED THIS WEEKEND.
1. This season will be composed of two separately operating divisions:
-- Div-A ... Canes, Clarkson, Reapers and Trojans.
-- Div-B ... Angels, KillerBees, ThunderCats and Warriors.
2. Each division will be playing six regular season games then move into their own respective play-offs. The schedule may have some off weeks in it (... especially for Div-A to account for tournaments, etc.).
3. Remember, the league no longer has access to a stadium light/lit field (like the Valleys) so all games occur at high school locations. Such locations will have 7:00pm kick-off times in May and June. Then, as necessary, for the tail end of the regular season, and definitely for play-offs (in which there is a need to account for possibility of over-time) the kick-off time could be pulled in to as early as 6:30pm.
4. The Executive is in need of volunteers; this is last year for two of us which means future years of operation of this league may not be possible. As this season progresses, if new volunteers are not secured the current executive will provide a "wind-down" plan (in which league matters are terminated/suspended in an orderly fashion as this season concludes).
John Schiebel (President, Registrar)
MTFL AGM SUMMARY AND PAYMENT MILESTONE DETAILS.
The AGM was conducted on Sunday 03-Apr-2022.
Assuming all of the candidate teams do, in fact, register and complete payment then:
- we will have two divisions (without need of combination/cross-over games):
--- Div_A (four teams): Canes, Clarkson, Reapers and Trojans
--- Div_B (six teams): Angels, Bears, Warriors, Killer Bees, ThunderCats and The Kings
- Each division will play a total of six regular season games followed by play-offs against teams in their own division. For B-Div, the two teams that finish highest in their regular season standings willl get a bye from the ¼ final.
- The total per team registration fee is $1530 ... and yes, $225 of that amount goes to the KARELO portal.
- Remember, the KARELO portion of the total per team is non-refundable.
- Otherwise, if the season is disrupted by COVID health measures then a portion of the un-used amounts of the MTFL component of the total registration fee could be refunded.
- E-transfer payment of $1305 to be sent to league email’s mtfl_Mississauga@yahoo.ca
--- use your team’s name and year as answer for the league to accept it; e.g., “Angels2022”, “Bears2022”, “TheKings2022” no quotes, no spaces.
- The KARELO payment is made by credit card and is due before you/your team plays its first game (which will not be any earlier than 31-May-2022). More specifically, if you are recreational non-tournament team, feel free to pay KARELO's $225 later this month (or in early May-2022).
- The MTFL portion of the total team registration fee is, due midnight, Sunday 10-Apr-2022.
- Only teams that pay will be scheduled to play games. If not all of the candidate teams pay it might be necessary to only have a single division in the regular season. If that happens, the league might entertain, for further fees, more than six regular season games per team.
Any questions, email the league right away.
Your 2022 Executive Team
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.