FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR FEE PAYMENT DUE-DATE.
For those teams who have not yet completed:
a) in its entirity the e-transfer payment required for MTFL team registration; OR
b) the credit card payment required for insurance registration (using KARELO)
you are reminded that both such payments are due (in full) no later than Wednesday, 01-May-2019.
Please continue to complete the registration process timely; for example, teams not making the required payments by the required due date can be subject to a late fee charge (of an additional $100). Specifically, the MTFL Executive is attempting to form a draft of the regular season schedule; obviously that schedule is dependent on which teams are in which division (which is dependent which teams have paid).
Your 2019 Executive Team.
MTFL PLAYER TRYOUT
All ADULT touch football players interested in joining a touch football team in the MTFL for this upcoming season are invited to attend a Player Tryout.
MTFL starts May 21st and concludes with playoffs near the end of August. Games are held Mon to Thu with 7 pm kickoffs. 10 game regular season.
Tryout details below:
Date: Tue., April 9th
Time: 6:45 pm
Location: Cawthra Park SS
1. Please check this site regularly for any updated news regarding the Tryout.
2. Please wear a numbered jersey if possible. (not a requirement)
3. Wear football/soccer shoes.
4. Wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions (it could be quite cool).
5. Key Positions and Skills – Teams are looking for players who can:
i) Play Quarterback – throw to receivers
ii) Snap the ball (10 yd snap) – snap the ball to QB then run pass pattern
iii) Rush the quarterback – start 5 yd from line of scrimmage and ‘chase’ QB
iv) Play Receiver – run patterns and catch ball
v) Play Defence – cover offensive players
Be sure to let us know what your skill set is.
6. MTFL prides itself on providing safe, fun, competitive touch football.
7. Feel free to invite others to this event who might be interested in playing touch football.
8. Look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
2019 MTFL - REGISTRATION - AGM
New teams applying for membership should do so as soon as possible.
Teams are required to have their team fees to the League on or before March 27th.
$1850 per team plus $150 for insurance = $2000/team
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
All teams are required to have representation at the AGM for voting on Constitutional and By-Law changes (up to 2 reps/veteran team; up to 3 reps/new team).
Date: Wed., March 27, 2019
Arrival: 6:45 pm - 7pm
Meeting: 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: 2480 Cawthra Road, Miss. - International Sports Bar
The AGM Package will be available prior to the meeting.
FIVE MORE WEEKS TO GO UNTIL THE AGM.
Team captains/admins (for veteran and new team applicants):
The Annual General Meeting is coming up in five weeks; so please out-reach to you team-mates and affirm their availabilities and/or any roster needs you may have.
Next, for veteran team captains, please also respond the pre-AGM survey you were sent about ten days ago. About 30% of last year's team's already have and it is very important that you also do so asap; e.g., your reply helps with the pre-AGM planning and with ensuring the AGM meeting itself runs on-time.
MTFL Vice President, Registar, Finance Officer.
PLANNING FOR THE MTFL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - WEDNESDAY, 27-MAR-2019
MTFL Veteran team captains & admins,
First and foremost, happy new years (again). And we trust you enjoyed the SUPER BOWL and are now looking forward to football here in Canada and here in Mississauga.
Next, the AGM is about six weeks away so here are some things you should know and do:
1. Team Registration fees will not be increased this year; there are no new significant cost increases to justify that.
2. If you haven't yet, call a team meeting an assure yourselves you know who is "in" and who is "out" on your team's roster and then even start collecting fees from each team member (-- because team registration fee is due in full the night of the AGM).
3. This year, the AGM will include a "hot meal" for you; veteran teams may RSVP up two persons to attend. The Executive wants to recognize your contributions to and time spent with your team and this league. So you are not going to go home hungry the night of the AGM.
4. The current league executive, if re-elected, is likely to make two major achievements this year: incorporation (as not-for-profit) and going from "adult male" to "adult" league. The former (, to be incorporated) is something the City of Mississauga continues to favour/pressure organization's like ours to do ... in order to retain preferred pricing on field permit fees and first rights to existing field location reservation requests. The later is something your current executive team feels is necessary and appropriate to grow our sport.
5. If you are interested in becoming an EXECUTIVE member OR a referee let us know by 01-Mar-2019.
6. Further details on the location of the meeting (and the meal served) will be announced shortly. For now, plan like this:
- arrive by 6:45pm;
- buffet self-serve at 7:00pm;
- meeting starts at 7:20pm sharp;
- you should be going home no later than 8:30pm.
Finally, you will be getting a non-binding survey shortly. Please respond to it by the date required/listed on it.
MTFL-2018 Vice-President, Registrar and Finance Officer
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.