THE NEXT MONTHLY TEAM CAPTAINS MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY, 03-MAR-2021 (7:00PM)
1. The next online monthly pre-AGM meeting will occur on Wednesday, 03-Mar-2021 at 7:00pm.
2. Invites to that meeting will be sent to team captains/admins about 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
3. We will continue to monitor key stakeholders and authorities to identify what, if any, possibility of play exists for later this spring/summer. In the "March" meeting, team captains/admins will also be given a summary of last year's finances (planned versus actual) and a forecast for this year. The Mar-2021 meeting will likely last 25 or less minutes.
4. Mean-time, please consider supporting the 2nd annual MTFL "Step It Up" charity fund raising campaign for the Mississauga Food Bank. The donation link is ... 2021 campaign.
5. Finally, as to the importance of supporting our local food banks, here is a brief video of why/how you are making a difference. Meghan Minute - February 2021 - YouTube
Your Executive Team
PRE-AGM MEETING MINUTES (FROM THURSDAY, 04-FEB-2021)
Duration: 30 minutes
- three executive members: JeffB, JohnS, Cory.
- captain/admin from: Aviators (Jeff), Canes (Zeke), Ghosts (Kevin), ThunderCats (Nalin) and Warriors (Cory).
- guest/alumni: Glenn.
- but absent based on the invitation responses: Angels (Phil), Death From Above (Stefan) and Trojans (Andrew) as well as representatives from two candidate new teams.
1. Discussed Presentation Package; basically, like last year, we continue to be in monitoring mode.
2. Informed teams that:
- team registration fee is likely to increase by up to $50 to cover higher insurance liability cost.
- captains should stay in touch with their team-mates; and similarly, the league will be phoning all captains over the next two weeks to determine their interest/availability. Right now, it is possible the league could be anywhere from 14 to 22 teams in size.
- next online meeting will likely occur on a weeknight of the 1st week of March-2021. Captains and interested parties will be sent invitation (via email). In addition to our readiness-to-play dashboard, a brief presentation of last year's actual finances along with forecast for this years will be given during that meeting.
Your 2020 Executive Team (most of whom intend on running for re-election for this year).
ONLINE MEETING FOR TEAM CAPTAINS, THURSDAY 4-FEB-2021 AT 7:00PM
1. An online meeting will occur on Thursday, 4-Feb-2021 at 7:00pm for (veteran and candidate new) team captains.
2. The meeting is by invitation only and will be conducted via a WebEx session. If you are a person interested in placing a new team into this league please contact the executive right away (and get added into the appropriate email distribution/notification lists).
3. At this point in time your 2020 Executive team is proposing that the possibility of a 2021 season be managed and, if possible/allowed, executed similar to last year. Specifically, continue to monitor and report upon ability to play (relative to obligations to civil and health authorities). The reporting will be made available on a monthly basis (via online meeting, web site NEWS postings and/or email from email@example.com ).
4. If the league is allowed to play, and to play a "normal ten game regular season schedule", the league is anticipating a per team fee price increase of ~$50 (to account for increased insurance liability costs).
Your Executive Team
UPDATES FROM YOUR LEAGUE EXECUTIVE ...
Happy New Years Everyone,
Your league executive team hopes that each of you has been able to enjoy a great Christmas and are remaining focused on positive opportunities/outcomes with yourself, family, friends and co-workers.
Next, with the ever increasing improved COVID mitigations along with reality of vaccines against it, the Mississauga Touch Football League is planning for a season this coming spring. For example, the league executive will continue to meet monthly as well as host a monthly "check-in / dashboard" (WEBEX or ZOOM) call with all team captains with the expectation that the league operate a full season in its typical time-frame (of mid-May to early Sept, weeknights).
Please continue to monitor your email and the league's website for further announcements.
On that note, stay safe, stay well and stay ready for competitive, fun and safe touch football.
Your 2020 Executive
SEASONS GREETINGS FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM
On behalf of the entire Executive team, please have a joyful and safe Christmas/New Years.
We look forward to the possibility of touch football this coming May-2021 and as we move towards that goal please also continue to keep the less fortunate in mind. Although our league's "STEP IT UP" campaign has reached its goal please consider further donations to the MISSISSAUGA FOOD bank at this very special time of year because many continue to go without food.
Again, best of everything to all and Seasons Greetings to you, your family, friends and co-workers.
The 2020 Executive Team
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.