HAPPY THANKSGIVING MESSAGE FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM
MTFL Captains, Admins, players, fans and all other valued supporters/suppliers:
1. First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving. May you have a terrific and safe long weekend!
2. Next, for those of you enjoying Trillium Tour "Nationals" this very long weekend, please continue to provide safe, competitive and fun games to your opponents as well as the tournament organizers and supporters.
3. Next, as for the MTFL our focus turns towards our next season -- spring 2021. Planning will begin for it around Christmas time with announcements coming to all teams/players no later than early Feb-2021.
4. Mean-time, for the recently completed MTFL 2020-COVID19 mini-season, here are some things to be very thankful for in our league as we continue to grow our sport:
a) over $3500 in (direct and indirect) donations to the league ... which was used to purchase two sets of pinnies for future tryout days/events, a quantity of 36 "COVID19 Hero" program reward golf shirts as well over 200 face-masks for the eight teams that did chose to muster to play a few games this year.
b) almost $3000 in monetary donations made (so far) to MTFL's "step it up" campaign for the Mississauga Food Bank ... which has purchased nearly 6000 meals for those in need.
c) the continued support of all teams to create and/or provide safe, competitive and fun touch football opportunities for adults to enjoy.
Your Executive Team
UPDATES FROM YOUR MTFL-2020 EXECUTIVE TEAM -- SEASON HAS CONCLUDED.
1. It is likely our COVID19 mini-season has concluded; e.g., early this week 3 of the 4 intended WEEK#4 game matches were completed.
2. It is unlikely this league can secure a "lit field" permit for any further weekday evening this fall as these fields are already booked by other leagues that normally operate at this time of year OR, as COVID19 restrictions put in place (or even reverted) do not align with the group size (per site) we would need to operate.
3. However, there are still a couple of things to occur before we officially close off this season:
a) we are so close to our goal of raising $2000 for the Mississauga Food Bank. If you have not yet considered a donation, please do so now. Make sure you make that donation (and get the income tax receipt for yourself) through the link below.
b) the league still is in process of getting all teams (mustered ones or not) one "COVID19 Hero" golf shirt. Many teams have their shirt now. An executive member will be in touch with your captain shortly to arrange for delivery of your team's shirt.
c) Yes, photographic services were provided for Week#4. The league expects to publish the photos to its FACEBOOK account within the next 14 business days for everyone to enjoy.
d) We are still looking to update website with actual outcomes this year. As for now, NEWS bullets contain game results.
MTFL 2020 President
Stay safe, stay well and be ready for our 2021 season beginning in May-2021.
THE WEEK#4 MATCH-UPS HAVE NOW BEEN SET - BEST OF EVERYTHING TO ALL.
Week#4 (which remains contingent on continued COVID19 dashboard success and no rain-outs):
- 7:15pm kick-off: TROJANS at CANES ... with CANES winning 20 to seven.
- 9:00pm kick-off: ZONE6 at WARRIORS ... was CANCELLED (by Zone6).
- 7:15pm kick-off: THE NORTH at WOLVERINES ... with WOLVERINES winning 32 to eight.
- 9:00pm kick-off: AVIATORS at KINGS .. with KINGS winning 20 to eight.
- Game#2 kick-off time now accounts for possibility of OT in Game#1.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your game's schedule kicked off time and then please depart (the fenced in area of play) within 10 minutes of the conclusion of your game.
- There are no further field permits rented (due to budget and the desire to let other leagues to have the ability to attempt to proceed on with their normal seasons).
PENDING ANNOUNCEMENTS ... PLEASE STANDBY.
MTFL-2020 "mustered" team captains:
- Week#3 has concluded.
- A score/standings sheet will be issued (via email) later this evening.
- As discussed we will have Week#4 (for 14th/15th Sep-2020).
- Again, remain open and flexible (as all eight team's will have their name of the trophy).
- Specifically, there is no formal play-off offered; however Week #4 will go like this:
a) Team with highest standing (e.g., WINS, Points-For-Against) will have choice of EARLY or LATE game.
b) Divisions will play on their existing nights (e.g., Div_A on Monday, Div_B on Tuesday); also #1 seed will play #2 seed, whilst #3 seed will play #4 seed (becuase there is "newness" on several of this COVID19 mini season team rosters, etc.).
c) Three referees per game.
d) But yes, it "tie score" exists at end of regulation time, then over-time "converts" is to be used to break the tie.
WEEK#3 GAME SCHEDULE FOR LOCATION VALLEYS
- 7:15pm kick-off: ZONE6 at WARRIORS ... it was WARRIORS winning 30 to eight.
- 8:45pm kick-off: TROJANS at CANES .. it was CANES winning 19 to six.
- 7:15pm kick-off: THE NORTH at WOLVERINES ... it was WOLVERINES winning 30 to twenty.
- 8:45pm kick-off: AVIATORS at KINGS ... it was KINGS winning 28 to zero.
Week#4 (contingent on continued successes and no rain-outs):
- planning now in process;
- planning now in process.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.