AGM & TEAM REGISTRATIONS
MTFL's AGM and Team Registrations
DATE: Tue., March 20, 2018
LOCATION: Mississauga Valley Community Centre
A/ Pre-AGM Team Registration at 6:45 pm
i) Team Fees: $1850 due March 20th
#1 - $1000 due March 20th
#2 - $900 due April 1st]
ii) Insurance: $150 due May 1st
B/ AGM at 7 pm sharp
Voting on key issues will take place. Team representation required.
If unable to attend, please send in PROXY VOTES. Team Rep has been sent an email with the issues and motions to be voted on. Please respond by NOON on March 20th.
AGM Package will be sent at NOON on March 20th. Please bring access to online version, or hard copy.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND THE AGM, TUESDAY 20-MAR-2018.
MTFL veteran and candidate new team captains/admins:
The following attendance enticements now exist for people who have been invited and who choose to be present at the Annual General Meeting (AGM):
1. one $30 gift card from SPORT CHECK (SQ1) to be offered as door prize.
2. one pair of men's medium football receiver gloves (~$30 value) to be offered as door prize.
3. a "Friends with Benefits" envelope to be given to each team's captain/admin and is composed of:
--> 20 MTFL business cards.
--> 20 "week long" guest pass from LA FITNESS (Hurontario and Eglinton).
--> 20 "five dollars off any food order g.t.e. $25" coupon from BOSTON PIZZA (SQ1).
4. and specific to the three team contacts, each at this very meeting will get 25% off (regular priced items) coupon from SPORTS CHEK (SQ1).
Your candidate elect Executive team
INCREASE IN TEAM FEES
The Registration Fee for teams for MTFL’s 2018 season is $1850.
Although we originally anticipated that team fees could be held at the 2017 season’s rates ($1800), major increases in field permit fees and refereeing costs have recently been identified and have caused us to re-evaluate our budget.
We apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused.
1) [$1850] Registration Fees are due Tue., March 20, 2018 (date of the AGM).
2) Teams may opt to pay in two installments by the following dates:
a) Tue., March 20, 2018 - $1000
b) Tue., May 1, 2018 - $900
c) This option requires a total payment of $1900
3) An additional $150 is required for insurance that is to be paid to TFOnt using its KARELO system by Tue., May 1, 2018.
4) The AGM is scheduled for Tue., March 20, 2018 at 7 p.m. at Mississauga Valleys Community Centre. All teams are expected to have representation as league voting occurs at this time.
ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR THE AGM?
The Annual General Meeting will be occuring is less than four weeks (on Tuesday, 20-Mar-2018).
Are you/your team-mates getting ready for the upcoming season? Have you had a team meeting to assess team roster needs/availabilities and team finances?
Next, the league has received several new team applications already (e.g. at least one tournament capable team, the TRANSFORMERS and at least one recreational team, the AVERSAN AVIATORS).
Finally, team registration fee payment schedule details will be issued next week. Again, similar to previous years, payment in full (and by email money transfer to the league's YAHOO email address) is preferred.
Your executive team (elect).
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.