SECOND REVISION TO SCHEDULE
The MTFL Schedule has been revised again and updated.
Changes affect the B and C Divisions only.
Please check the schedule and notify your team-mates.
HAVE FUN THIS SEASON.
SUPPORT YOUR GAME OFFICIALS.
REVISED SCHEDULE - PLEASE CHECK YOUR TEAM'S 'NEW' SCHEDULE
1. The 2019 MTFL Regular-Season schedule has been REVISED.
All teams should assume that their schedule has changed.
2. NOTE: Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School on Ogden Avenue has been renamed Glenforest South. However, this should not be confused with Glenforest Secondary School on Fieldgate Drive. For our purposes, we are using the ‘old’ name: Gordon Graydon.
Please make sure your team is aware of this change and that they don’t go to the wrong field by mistake.
3. Don’t forget to bring your GOAL POST PADS to your game.
4. Please bring your roster game sheet. Your team's online game sheet is based on the MTFL Registration System. Some may have had difficulties with this system so a temporary 'blank' game sheet has been sent to all team captains to fill out and bring to their game.
5. Captains should take a photo of the completed game sheet at the end of the game and send it to the League at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL TEAMS.
MTFL 2019 REGULAR-SEASON SCHEDULE
The MTFL Regular-Season Schedule is now ready for viewing.
If you are interested in:
a) All League Games: Click on Schedule from the top banner.
b) Games in Your Division: Click on the Division your team is in. Below the Standings you will find the schedule.
c) Your Team's Games: Click on Schedule. Choose your team from the drop-down menu.
First scheduled game in the MTFL for this season is on Tue., May 21st.
Captains are encouraged to direct their teammates to this site.
Good luck to all teams! Enjoy a safe, fun, competitive season.
FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR FEE PAYMENT DUE-DATE.
For those teams who have not yet completed:
a) in its entirity the e-transfer payment required for MTFL team registration; OR
b) the credit card payment required for insurance registration (using KARELO)
you are reminded that both such payments are due (in full) no later than Wednesday, 01-May-2019.
Please continue to complete the registration process timely; for example, teams not making the required payments by the required due date can be subject to a late fee charge (of an additional $100). Specifically, the MTFL Executive is attempting to form a draft of the regular season schedule; obviously that schedule is dependent on which teams are in which division (which is dependent which teams have paid).
Your 2019 Executive Team.
MTFL PLAYER TRYOUT
All ADULT touch football players interested in joining a touch football team in the MTFL for this upcoming season are invited to attend a Player Tryout.
MTFL starts May 21st and concludes with playoffs near the end of August. Games are held Mon to Thu with 7 pm kickoffs. 10 game regular season.
Tryout details below:
Date: Tue., April 9th
Time: 6:45 pm
Location: Cawthra Park SS
1. Please check this site regularly for any updated news regarding the Tryout.
2. Please wear a numbered jersey if possible. (not a requirement)
3. Wear football/soccer shoes.
4. Wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions (it could be quite cool).
5. Key Positions and Skills – Teams are looking for players who can:
i) Play Quarterback – throw to receivers
ii) Snap the ball (10 yd snap) – snap the ball to QB then run pass pattern
iii) Rush the quarterback – start 5 yd from line of scrimmage and ‘chase’ QB
iv) Play Receiver – run patterns and catch ball
v) Play Defence – cover offensive players
Be sure to let us know what your skill set is.
6. MTFL prides itself on providing safe, fun, competitive touch football.
7. Feel free to invite others to this event who might be interested in playing touch football.
8. Look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.