2019 MTFL - REGISTRATION - AGM
New teams applying for membership should do so as soon as possible.
Teams are required to have their team fees to the League on or before March 27th.
$1850 per team plus $150 for insurance = $2000/team
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
All teams are required to have representation at the AGM for voting on Constitutional and By-Law changes (up to 2 reps/veteran team; up to 3 reps/new team).
Date: Wed., March 27, 2019
Arrival: 6:45 pm - 7pm
Meeting: 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: 2480 Cawthra Road, Miss. - International Sports Bar
The AGM Package will be available prior to the meeting.
FIVE MORE WEEKS TO GO UNTIL THE AGM.
Team captains/admins (for veteran and new team applicants):
The Annual General Meeting is coming up in five weeks; so please out-reach to you team-mates and affirm their availabilities and/or any roster needs you may have.
Next, for veteran team captains, please also respond the pre-AGM survey you were sent about ten days ago. About 30% of last year's team's already have and it is very important that you also do so asap; e.g., your reply helps with the pre-AGM planning and with ensuring the AGM meeting itself runs on-time.
MTFL Vice President, Registar, Finance Officer.
PLANNING FOR THE MTFL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING - WEDNESDAY, 27-MAR-2019
MTFL Veteran team captains & admins,
First and foremost, happy new years (again). And we trust you enjoyed the SUPER BOWL and are now looking forward to football here in Canada and here in Mississauga.
Next, the AGM is about six weeks away so here are some things you should know and do:
1. Team Registration fees will not be increased this year; there are no new significant cost increases to justify that.
2. If you haven't yet, call a team meeting an assure yourselves you know who is "in" and who is "out" on your team's roster and then even start collecting fees from each team member (-- because team registration fee is due in full the night of the AGM).
3. This year, the AGM will include a "hot meal" for you; veteran teams may RSVP up two persons to attend. The Executive wants to recognize your contributions to and time spent with your team and this league. So you are not going to go home hungry the night of the AGM.
4. The current league executive, if re-elected, is likely to make two major achievements this year: incorporation (as not-for-profit) and going from "adult male" to "adult" league. The former (, to be incorporated) is something the City of Mississauga continues to favour/pressure organization's like ours to do ... in order to retain preferred pricing on field permit fees and first rights to existing field location reservation requests. The later is something your current executive team feels is necessary and appropriate to grow our sport.
5. If you are interested in becoming an EXECUTIVE member OR a referee let us know by 01-Mar-2019.
6. Further details on the location of the meeting (and the meal served) will be announced shortly. For now, plan like this:
- arrive by 6:45pm;
- buffet self-serve at 7:00pm;
- meeting starts at 7:20pm sharp;
- you should be going home no later than 8:30pm.
Finally, you will be getting a non-binding survey shortly. Please respond to it by the date required/listed on it.
MTFL-2018 Vice-President, Registrar and Finance Officer
HAPPY NEW YEARS AND BOOK YOU CALENDARS FOR THE 2019 AGM
Veteran and Candidate New teams alike,
Firstly, Happy New Years.
Rest assured the MTFL executive team is already taking steps to organize the upcoming 2019 season. For example, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held Wednesday, 27th-Mar-2019 (7:00pm start-time).
Further emails will be issued in the coming weeks but for now, please take note new for this year's AGM is the plan to offer a hot-meal/snack each of to the RSVP invitees as recognition of their time to come abd actually attend that very meeting in-person.
Finally, if you wish to join the 2019 Executive team please email the league no later than midnight 15th-Feb-2019. Specifically, the current executive may wish to briefly interview you as well as take steps to ensure that the AGM "package" contains a brief introduction of yourself and a clear indication of the roles/responsibilities to which you aspire (, etc.).
VP Operations, Finance Officer and Registrar (of the 201Eighteen AGM approved Executive team).
SEASONS GREETINGS EVERYONE
To all MTFL players, fans and valued referee and otherwise partners:
May you have a very Merry Christmas at this festive time of year and may you continue to enjoy the best of everything in the new year.
It is only three months to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) ... which will be held in late March-2019. Your current MTFL executive has begun the planning for the new spring season and some topics for which additional emails (or the AGM itself) will be used to discuss are:
- offering a hot meal to the invited (and confirmed) quests of the AGM. This is to attempt to gain an increase in actual attendance and to recognize our captains at that very meeting (for a job well done year-over-year).
- considering incorporation of the league as a NOT-FOR-PROFIT entity. This is to increase the protection towards liability of executive members and to continue to strive for preferential treatment from our field permit providor, the City of Mississauga.
- consideration of declaring the league as "adult" (e.g., the provision for any adult of 18 years of age to play in this league). Currently the constitution and bylaws declare this league as "adult male" whereas the bulk of (local) growth - whether touch or flag - has been at the high school level for young women (... so maybe this league could also offer such persons a place to play once they gain the right age).
- improved marketing programs for gaining the next player, referee, captain and executive member.
If you have any interest in such or would like to become a member of the MTFL 2019 executive, please contact a member of the current executive (via the legaue's email address) no later than 31-Jan-2019.
MTFL 2018 Vice-President, FINANCE officer.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.