AGM ADDENDUM MEETING MINUTES - 07-JUL-2020
The "July" AGM Addendum meeting was held last night.
- the following teams attended the online conference call: Angels, Aviators, Canes, Warriors and Zone6.
- there were no new action items raised.
- the league is still planning for another monthly addendum meeting in early Aug-2020.
- the Executive remains in regular contact with TFOnt, SOTFOA and the City of Mississauga. For example, during next month's addendum meeting a very small set of changes to the leagues waiver, constitution and bylaws will likely be proposed to comply with recent "pandemic policy" compliance request from the City of Mississauga.
To conclude, and for now, MTFL is not allowed to schedule or play games. Please continue to comply with all regulations and guidance from the (health or otherwise) authorities.
Stay safe, stay well and stay ready.
Your Executive Team
UPDATES FROM YOUR MTFL-2020 EXECUTIVE TEAM
1. The monthly "AGM Addendum" meeting series continues with the next meeting scheduled for Tuesday 07-Jul-2020 (7:00pm start). Please only one "rep" per team.
2. The league's charitable fund raiser "step it up" campaign has now raised over $1200 (of the $2000) goal. Thank-you to everyone who has donated so far ... including our very special "fans" of our game ... very much appreciated.
3. If you have not yet donated, please consider doing so ... https://www.themississaugafoodbank.org/mtfl/ .. income tax charitable donation receipts given for any donation of $10 or more.
Your Executive Team
UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM AS OF 02-JUN-2020
1. Last night representatives of six teams met online with the executive team (to go through the Rev6 edition of the 01-Jun AGM Addendum presentation).
2. That meeting lasted 20 minutes and covered the agenda with one further action item being added to the executive's action to find possible alternative season solutions/proposals.
3. Next, monthly "AGM Addendum" meetings will now also be scheduled for (Friday) 03-Jul, (Tuesday) 04-Aug and (Wednesday) 02-Sep-2020. For example, the league executive will continue to monitor the COVID-19 recovery plans/actions of the authorities and provide MTFL members with timely updates, etc.
4. The "Step It Up" MTFL charity fund raising campaign has begun. It will run until ~30-Aug-2020. The goal is for our league to raise $2000 for the Mississauga Food Bank. If that goal is reached, a silent doner will provide a further $1000 matching gift. The basic idea is that every team (member) is encouraged to give a tax receipt eligible charitable donation in their community ... and for those, like this league that reside in the Mississauga area, to do so to the Mississauga Food Bank.
5. Finally, the league is not allowed to play so please continue to abide by those regulations and stay safe.
Your 2020 Executive Team
Details from the 01-Jun-2020 AGM Addendum #2 meeting:
- duration 20 minutes
- representatives from Angels, Aviators, Ghosts, Trojans, Warriors and Zone6 attended.
- a previous action to consider the possibility of rental of fields from non-Mississauga locations (of Milton, Georgetown and Oakville) was extended to also consider locations like Etobicoke and Toronto (to align with recent plans from the Province of Ontario to consider "regional" based re-opening strategies).
UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM AS OF 27-MAY-2020
All Team Captains/Admins and players,
On 27-May-2020, the City of Mississauga announced that all of its sports parks/fields are closed until 07-Sep-2020.
This decision unfortunately restricts the types of "alternate season" proposals the could be created to address most of the concerns, assumptions and objectives identified in all of preceeding AGM meetings and survey results.
Next, the league will still be holding the previously announced on-line meeting scheduled for this coming Monday (01-June-2020, 7:00pm ... with one representative of each team invited to attend). Please be aware that the presentation package for this meeting was sent out (to all team captains/reps) before the above announcement from City of Mississauga was published (or even anticipated).
Next and obviously, the notice from City of Mississauga (ceasing field sports permits til early Sep-2020) makes it nearly impossible to see a way towards offering anything of reasonable benefit to our members wishing to play games this year. Nevertheless, the Executive will continue to monitor the authorities and continue, as possible, to plan for possibilities (in Mississauga) post Labour Day.
Finally, so it is clear, we are not authorized to play games. As such please continue to comply with the law/regulations and most certainly stay well and safe.
Your Executive Team
UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM ...
1. Please check your email as today you were sent a two page flyer introducing the MTFL's "Step It Up" charity fund raising campaign for the Mississauga Foodbank.
2. You will be getting more details on that campaign in the coming days/weeks as the league is trying to raise at least $2000 (for 4000 meals). If you read the flyer you will also see that our league has some help for this campaign and is also in a position to provide a special gift to each team too.
3. Later this week you will get an email invitation to the "AGM Addendum #2" online meeting that is going to be held on the evening of Monday 01-Jun-2020. One representative of each team is encouraged to attend. An information package will also be sent out in advance of that very meeting. Please review it as it contains some suggestions for the proposed alternate seasons should an all clear signal be given.
4. Finally, we are still in monitoring mode so please continue to respect the COVID-19 shut-down (of sports play) orders from our government and regional health units. Please also stay safe.
Your Executive team.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.