ATT'N ALL PLAYERS ALL TEAMS ... NEXT WEEK HIGH SCHOOLS
Att'n all MTFL-2021 players and teams:
Starting next Tuesday, 03-Aug-2021, all high school location games will have a kick-off at 6:45pm (not 7:00pm) to account for the diminishing amount of daylight time.
All lit field games (at the VALLEYs) remain with their 7:00pm and 8:30pm kick-off times.
AS WE COME TO THE HALF-WAY MARK OF THE REGULAR SEASON.
Att'n all Team Captains/Admins:
- We are nearly at the half-way mark of the regular season.
- Thank for helping all of us enjoy safe, competitive and fun games.
- If you need a player-or-two, don't hestitate to reach out to the league. The league has several player-profile-contact sheets (of persons with various levels of experience AND who can make contributions to your team immediately).
PS - It is likely (even) less flexibility towards "play-off" scheduling preferences will be accomodated (than has happened in this current regular season ... and certainly, comparatively, to what has happened in play-offs of previous seasons). A primary reason for this is "lack of timely response/support" from City of Mississauga on field permit acquisitions.
UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM AT THE CONCLUSION OF WEEK2.
1. Please hydrate (with water or aid'style drink) and stretch before each game. It has been very hot & humid and many of us are a bit rusty. So do your best to avoid muscle strain/pull/sprain like injuries.
2. The league is working with all of the ANGELS, CANES, KINGS, REAPERS, TROJANS and WOLVERINES to test out the online team/player registration portal that the league has built. This portal (is not KARELO but one that we hope) will serve all key stakeholders effectively and timely prior to, during and post each season of play. Specifically:
- the current debug/testing is focusing on the individual player registration process and the book-keeping records thereof.
- those involved will be sent an email (userid, password) and will "verify" in way similar to what they did for KARELO. Once verified they will enjoy gamesheet statistics (like their actual attendance, etc).
3. Stay safe and stay well. ONTARIO is entering "step 3" of its (COVID mitigation/recovery and) re-opening plan. Please continue to do your part for ensuring that safe games and outcomes exist for our entire community. For example:
- continue to respect all who choose to wear a face-mask; and
- ensure that your team captain/admin is completing the obligatory contact tracing ... aka ... providing the league with a "filled in game-sheet" and/or team-selfie (sent to the league's email address) for each of your scheduled games.
WE ARE WORKING WEBSITE CONTENT AND ROSTERS NOW ... STANDBY.
1. Website's STANDINGS, SCORES, SCHEDULE ... are working.
2. Right now we are trying to get various page's content updated as well as give all teams a head-start on their game-sheet rosters. For example, the THUNDERCats managed to set up most of thier own roster/game-sheet ... kudos to captain "Nalin". Once your roster is setup (in the MTFL automations database) then your players will start to see their actual performance/attendance "stats" too.
Your Executive Team
PS- Although not every team choose to muster this year, there is still a "golf shirt" award awaiting each of the following teams:
- Mountain Goats, Militia, Death From Above, Offerdahl and Kryptonite as well as Made Men. Feel free to contact John Schiebel for pick-up (or delivery) details.
WEEK01 SCHEDULE AND RESULTS-TO-DATE
1. There are only 12 teams playing this season (in a total of three divisions. Each division is composed of four teams).
2. The schedule (or results already obtained) for Week-01 is:
Div-A: Monday 05-Jul: Valley's 7:00pm: Warriors at Reapers (with Reapers winning 21 to 14).
Div-A: Monday 05-Jul: Valley's 8:45pm: Canes at Clarkson-Backwoods (with Canes winning 27 to 13).
Div-B: Monday 05-Jul: Cawthra 7:00pm: Wolverines at Trojans (with Trojans winning 21 to 12).
Div-C: Tuesday 06-Jul: Cawtha 7:00pm: Kings at The North (with The North winning 8 to 6).
Div-C: Tuesday 06-Jul: Glen Forest (North) 7:00pm: ThunderCats at Golden Receivers;
Div-B: Wednesday 07-Jul: Gordon Graydon (aka "GlenForest South") 7:00pm: Bears at Angels.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.