UPDATES FROM YOUR EXECUTIVE TEAM ... THE 2021 SEASON HAS CONCLUDED.
1. Congrats to our divisional championship winners:
--- A - CANES
--- B - ANGELS
--- C - THE NORTH
2. Big shout out to all players on all teams for helping deliver another successful season. Despite the excessive heat (of August) and unfortunate amount of injuries (due to COVID down-time) throughout this shortened season, we hope you agree our competitive strength is good and the majority of the games played were close, entertaining and fun.
3. As for our next season, we will start captains meetings in Feb-2022 with an intended regular season offering for mid-May to late-August.
Until then, stay well, stay safe and thank-you once again for helping to celebrate/grow our sport.
CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES HAVE BEEN SET ...
Thank-you to all for a wonderful safe, competitive and fun season.
The play-off semi-finals have been completed and we all look forward to the CHAMPIONSHIP game in each of our divisions. The schedule is below ... feel free to come and watch your division-mates.
Your Executive Team
|Monday, August 23rd|
||B-Championship - Angels at Wolverines (Mississauga Valley Community Centre)
||A-Championship - Clarkson Backwoods at Canes (Mississauga Valley Community Centre)
|Tuesday, August 24th|
||C-Championship - Kings at The North (Cawthra Park Secondary School)
PLAY-OFFS ... SOME NEWS AND REMINDERS.
1. The play-off schedule was posted last week.
2. As per discussions prior to the start of the regular season, the play-offs are scheduled to occur in the two weeks immediately occuring after the end of the regular season.
3. All are reminded that if your play-off game is scheduled to occur at high-school (non-lit field) location, then your game has a kick-off time of 6:30pm. This is necessary to account for the diminishing amount of daylight at this time of the year ... AS WELL AS ... the possibility of over-time.
4. Stay safe and hydrated.
Thank-you for your continued commitment to safe, competitive and fun games!
Your Executive Team
PS - Congrats to the CANES (A division), WOLVERINES (B division) and THE NORTH (C division) for finishing first in the final regular season ending standings of their respective divisions. Job well done!
2021 PLAY-OFF SCHEDULE ... REMINDERS / ASSUMPTIONS.
1. The play-off schedule (all divisions) will be posted on the website by end of today.
2. Again, all are reminded, as per the planning and scheduling restrictions announced prior to the start of this season, the play-offs will be occuring immediately after the conclusion of WeekSIX of the regular season. The reasons for this include:
- it has proven very difficult to get field permits (VALLEYs or otherwise) this year ... as City of Mississauga has been over-run with change requests due to COVID (logistics and the restrictions thereof).
- the league itself strongly prefers to execute to that plan for the following reasons:
a) many players and members of the league and its partners likely already committed to that very plan (announced way back in March-2021).
b) the ability to offer the "trophy and photo-ops" to the teams at the Championship game itself is simplified if we can exploit what dates we do have at the VALLEYs.
Your Executive Team
ATT'N ALL PLAYERS ALL TEAMS ... NEXT WEEK HIGH SCHOOLS
Att'n all MTFL-2021 players and teams:
Starting next Tuesday, 03-Aug-2021, all high school location games will have a kick-off at 6:45pm (not 7:00pm) to account for the diminishing amount of daylight time.
All lit field games (at the VALLEYs) remain with their 7:00pm and 8:30pm kick-off times.
Attention all league members, please be reminded that players may only be registered with one single MTFL team at any one given point it time during any given season. Players observed/reported playing on two or more teams will be subject to discipline as will the teams implicated as per established league policies.
Team Captains, you are responsible for checking with all your team members to ensure they understand this policy and that they are only playing as a member of your MTFL team.
For further details, please see the 'Teams' section in our Roster Policy.
Please get all outstanding roster and player waiver information handed to John Schiebel. Please also verify that your game sheet is correct, for example; names and jersey numbers. Also please ensure each player listed has completed and signed their waiver form, AND that you have submitted that form to John.